Sunday, April 17, 2011

JUNKYARDS

These are quotes I got from attending the poetry readings.  The reason why all five of them are here is because, upon hearing them, a feeling was invoked within me.  In turn, it inspires me, which is what Junkyard quotes are all about, right?

1) " Writing is like an incision, you can't erase with a razorblade."  Catherine Wing.  ----- This is the quote as I heard it and it may be wrong, because unfortunately, I sat in the ONE row where people were actually talking on the phone!

2)  "I would like to fish for words that rhyme with perch"  Christine ?  Again there was an obnoxious talker at the Bella Coffee poetry reading and I had a hard time hearing.

3)  "Hopeful lines intact, reaching for anyone who will hold it, sizing up the weight she'd never be rid of."  Tim from Body as Weight.

4) "Dipping thru the sounds of my mothers interjection."   Jen Rivers

5)  "Ripples that reflect the fallen."  Jen Rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment