Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reading Response Ch.1,2, and shorts Still Week 1 of Prose

Chapter one reminded me of my youth and how excited I used to get going to the public library (I even had a sensory memory where the smell came to me.)  Le Guin states that when you are a child language is playful, fun and easy to fall in love with.  I agree because that was my experience.  This reading reminded me to not take (every single thing) I write so seriously.  It should be an enjoyable experience.  When we grow up, there is a societal concept that play is for children, and yet we do find ways to play as adults.  It makes sense to incorporate this idea into writing since it is a creative act and creating scenarios, characters, drawings, colorings, etc. is what we do as forms of play in youth. Alliteration, onomatopoeia and repetitions are playful and useful tools that i forgot were options.
As far as 1/3 1/3 1/3 went, I understand the importance of reading it right after covering how important character development is, character names, dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment