Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reading Response chapter 9 Voice

Chapter 9's idea of "catching meaning thru suggestion" appears easy because it is a simple concept to grasp.  However, this takes alot of thought and calculation.  Its hard!  I was glad "premise indicators" were brought to light because I use them too often.  In leaving them out, you can explain "why" in your writing through concrete images. I feel that this chapter is dealing with a level of advancement beyond myself.  What really hit home for me was the example given on tone, in relation to how younger kids speak to their parents when asked to do chores. Tone can definitely change the way a poem is interpreted.  I feel the easiest portion of this chapter for me to apply in my own writing is the "leaping away from logic."  It's easier to exaggerate with imagery to get a point across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment